explaining myself to strangers
So I said I was gonna do one of these, so I did. HI LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF.
- My name is Julie; I’m 23 and live in Canada; If you want it in a nice package, I’d say “kinda pervy queer sicko socialist nerd femme-bot” about covers it. I’m an Aries with a Leo rising and a Capricorn moon; an even split between INTJ and INFJ; an ennegram type 4/5. Also a ravenclaw, a cranky firebender, and on a bad day, a red lantern. I’m a queer lady in a long term nonmonogamous relationship with a straight dude. Ask me how!
- Right now I’m doing my MA in Disability Studies; my work is on trauma and childhood medical interventions. I love my program, but it’s intellectually and emotionally intense. Not sure what I want to do with it yet; we’ll see.
- On the “sicko” part: I have a chronic health situation + a mental health question mark. I have a congenital heart defect; I’ve had three surgeries for it, most recently in the summer of 2010. My tumblr name is actually a radiological term that denotes the shape of my heart on an xray. My illness shapes a lot of the ways I engage with the world and the way I think about bodies and gender and stuff. Yep, I have a lot of scars and I think they’re pretty badass. I’m open about talking about this, but please for the love of god don’t use the word “brave.” And please read the faq tag before asking, your question might be in there already.
- My blog runs on a queue with 3 posts per day. My major interests are anatomical art. hot babes and robots. I make an effort to be consistent about tagging, but I am especially attentive to: gifs/ gif sets, nsfw images, strobing/flashing images, anatomy posts and body horror. I also make an effort to use comprehensive content warnings . If there’s a tag you’d like me to use, please ask! I want my followers to feel safe.
- I’m white and cis; if I ever do or say something that upsets you or makes you feel gross, please let me know. I’m striving to be an awesomer person.
- I overinvest in fiction. A lot. An abbreviated list of stuff I’m into, with varying degrees of intensity: fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, avatar the last airbender/korra, avengers (reluctantly), sherlock (with great resentment and against my better judgement), battlestar galactica (not over it never over it), legend of the seeker, attolia, community, other stuff idk
- I love ladies and lady characters and I’m pretty into social justice and feminism as a general thing. I tend to see interconnectedness over seperateness: the patterns and systems in things rather than the details; and I am gonna change the fuck out of the system.
- Top five desert island albums: Portishead, Dummy; Lamb, S/T; Mirah, C’Mon Miracle; Diamond Rings, Special Affections; Carina Round, Things You Should Know. And some favourite movies: Blade Runner, The Matrix, Mirrormask, Star Trek XI, Underworld, Stardust, Mulan, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Brick. Favourite books are too hard to pick, I refuse.
-I have a lot of opinions about stuff. Which I mention not so much because I put a lot of opinions on my tumblr but more because it is just kind of…an essential fact about me.
- I don’t always read my backlog, so if there’s something you think I should see, tag it with #coeurensabot.
- You can always get me by askbox or twitter. If you ever want to email me, drop me a line and I’ll give you my email address.
OKAY THE END.